mardi 25 février 2014

An Average Tuesday

This morning I awoke to my alarm blasting white noise at 6:15. Today was one of the days where, sadly, my radio found no station. I got ready for school, thankfully not having to do my hair (now that's a chore!). After my fantastic breakfast of Greek yogurt, fruit, homemade trail-mix and granola I caught the bus at 7:25. Never has the bus arrived a minute off. School started at 8:00 and I had my projet personelle d'orientation class which, like all the classes, lasted an hour and fifteen minutes. After a fifteen minute break I had science class. We were learning about atoms and, since I have gone over the material already, my friends, Matthieu and Gabriel, helped me with my French sentence structure. Next was éduc. which you probably know as gym class. There are four different gyms that are separated by one wall and two heavy-duty curtains. I asked someone last class how we are supposed to know which gym we are in for the day and she responded that we aren't supposed to know, every gym class we have to just all hope we are congregating in the right one. Today I was on my way to the farthest gym from the one that I was supposed to be in before someone thankfully told me that I had guessed wrong. After éduc. it was lunch and I was in the palestre with the rest of the boys to workout. There is about eight of us regulars who are in the workout room every lunch, sometimes there are new faces and some days one of us could be missing, but usually all of us are there from 12:15 until 1:00. After 1:00, when the palestre closed, I ate my delicious lunch, which was the same as breakfast because it was so good in the morning I had to have it again. My last class was math where we had an exam If I had been listening better in the previous classes I probably would have been expecting the exam. It's not that I didn't know it was coming, I just didn't know that it was today... I think I answered all of the questions correctly, except for one (how can a quadratic function only have one set of coordinates that are positive!?), but I probably lost points for the lack of work I showed. I really don't see how each question could have been worth four points. After the bell rang at 2:45, signalling the end of school, I headed to the gym for basketball practice. After basketball I had volleyball until 6:00 and learned that we are having a mini tournament on Thursday! I am excited, but I don't yet know who is on my team. When I arrived home it was supper time and I sat down to a wonderful meal of Greek salad and chicken. Dessert was ice cream along with the same delicious fruit salad I had for breakfast and lunch. At 7:00 I received a phone call from the Cadet corps here informing me that I had to pick up some papers so that I can join them this coming up weekend for Jeux des cadets (Cadet Games). I walked to our parade building before coming back home with the intention of doing my (which I should really get to, but it isn't due until Thursday so I have time). I have decided that I am going to play the piano tonight, instead. I will be able to play the instrument by the time I get back! Bonne nuit!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire