mardi 4 mars 2014

Jeux des Cadets

This past weekend was Jeux des cadets and it was so much fun! The bus ride there was really long, but I finished the fourth Harry Potter book and met some great new people. One cadet, who found out after speaking to me for forty five minutes that no, I was not a thirteen year old boy, and I spoke for at least four hours, although he said he had trouble understanding me because of my accent. Only two people in Québec mentioned my accent before this Friday, but this weekend it seemed everyone was commenting on it.
The sport I was signed up for was badminton and, because of the amount of cadets my corps had going to the games (only seven), I was partnered up with a girl from another unit. We won a bronze medal by the end of the weekend and my corps brought home the sportsmanship trophy. During the final parade I didn't have my uniform so I had to wear the t-shirts we all had with our corps number. The 1933 Gaspé shirts were fluorescent green. Thankfully two other people in my corps didn't have their uniforms (I am still wondering what they were doing without them), so I wasn't the only highlighter amoung the navy blue, black and forest green.
On Saturday night there was three activities we could have done during our free time: gone to a dance, gone swimming, or watched a movie. I couldn't pick which one to do so in the end I decided to do all three. I started with the pool because the dance opened later and I hadn't been planning to watch the movie. I was really hoping for the diving boards to be open because they were higher than any I had ever jumped from before, but sadly they were off limits. After I accomplished touching the bottom of the pool and spent a fair amount of time doing flips and diving I found out which movie was playing (it was The Escape Plan) and watched from about forty minutes in to just past the climax before leaving for the dance. I am happy I came in when I did because it was in the middle of a line dance to In the Navy. I also learned another line dance, sadly I know the actions now, but I forget which song they belong to. The best part of the dance was when, four years later and four thousand kilometers away from where I first learned the dance in Penhold, AB, in Rimouski, QC, army, air and sea cadets filled the room to dance to The Bad Touch. C'était fantastique!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire