samedi 8 février 2014

After a Week in Gaspé

A bonus to waking up a bit early here is being able to catch the sunrise over the mountains. Unlike the eight o'clock sunrise at home, it is in the sky by six forty. Yesterday I had poutine! My list is slowly being completed, my first breakfast while in Québec was crêpes and maple syrup and I am eating mille-feuille today! I went to Army Cadets last night (wearing a sea cadet shirt, they didn't notice). On paper they are a corps of only twelve cadets! Going from at least fifty of us in a gym to seven of us using a small hallway as a parade square was even more odd than doing drill in French.
A lot of the students here have been complimenting my French. I am so thankful for my awesome French teachers over the years for helping me get to where I am. Sometimes I hear someone use a word a certain way or conjugate a verb and I recall lessons I've had where I was taught how to say the same thing, but I never used it thinking that it didn't really matter. Evidently it does matter...
It feels like I've been here for way more than a week, every day has been incredible and I am ready for another one!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire