jeudi 13 février 2014

I am Going to be Wearing Snow Boots Tomorrow

I found someone who loves planes! Talking about aviation is a wonderful thing and those who know me know that I can talk about planes for hours. Apparently Jérôme can, too! After gym class we had an excellent conversation that involved gliders and our future careers in aviation. It was great to have someone who is interested in aeronautics to talk to. I think our talk went well, but sometimes it is difficult to know when someone is pretending to understand what you are saying or if they actually do understand. I remember, on the first day of school, Charlotte was showing me around the school and she said something. I thought that she asked me if I had spoken English with the students I had just been with, so I responded accordingly. Then it hit me what she had actually asked and if I hadn't turned beet red and said, "That was not your question..." we would have gone on believing that we had both understood the other.
I have been watching The Walking Dead and reading Harry Potter in French. I think Harry Potter is less intense in another language, but I am glad I get the chance to read it here. My goal is to be able to completely understand the screaming matches in The Walking Dead by the time I leave. Yes, I get the gist of them, but it is difficult to always understand everything they say. I am going to watch three episodes tonight so that I can catch up with the rest of the family and since my comprehension level has been steadily increasing maybe it will be soon that I know everything that is going on!
Tomorrow we are expecting a snowstorm. They say fifty centimeters of snow is going to fall, I am really excited! The wind is supposed to be blowing between 40 and 100km/hour, but if it is nice I am going to make a snow fort. The weather here is usually beautiful and the forecast says it will be minus six so I am really getting my hopes up. I am going to sit in my fort, read and eat some delicious Valentine's Day candy that I received in the mail today from my wonderful siblings. I can't wait for all the snow!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire