lundi 24 mars 2014

My Very Active Lifestyle

Monday night was relaxed. I came home from school, did homework, rested from my snowshoeing the day before and didn't really do much. Tuesday I had my normal basketball then volleyball routine after school before I went home and did some math homework. Football started on Wednesday and after I got all my equipment I practiced until six o'clock. At seven I had range at cadets, so after football I ran home, ate quickly, then ran to cadets.
Thursday I had basketball then volleyball like usual, but later that night there was Secondaire en Spectacle at the Cégep. After volleyball I walked home, but there was a bit of an obstacle that I had to overcome: a Gaspé snowstorm. I left the school thinking that it hadn't snowed that much the paths I usually took to get home would still be there, but boy was I wrong. The first trail that I took had been plowed recently so the snow was only up to my ankles and not to far up my shins in places. The second path, I am using path as a loose term, was never anything more than a line of footprints leading up through the mountains into the forest then back out. I climbed up the hill of snow leading to the entrance of the trail and there was nothing in front of me but the slight impression that hinted at the passage of a snowmobile. It was too late to take another route.
Head down I started running. My pace was extremely slow, but I lumbered on through the snow. Up to my knees I barrelled through, following the direction that I had taken when walking home before. When it came to the turn off that went farther up the mountain and into the forest I decided to take a "short cut". Instead I went straight and trudged through snow that was at least waist high. I finally came to the end and climbed a hill leading to the end of my "short cut" and the exit of the regular forest trail. Finally back in town I tried to run the rest of the way home, but the balls of ice that had formed in my shoes coating the arch of my foot were hard to ignore.
After getting home I ate quickly before heading out again for Secondaire en Spectacle. I was walking right into the wind and the blowing snow was blinding. I am glad that there was no cars on the road because I had my eyes closed most of the run to the Cégep.
The show was amazing! The first performance was a cello player and a pianist, and throughout the night there were guitars, drums, vocals and even a fiddle player. With so much talent it was hard to pick who to vote for, but I felt the three guitarists and drummer really deserved my vote. When they had played I had given them a standing ovation, it was a bit embarrassing because I was the only one standing, but they were fantastique! The votes were counted and their group won! I made sure to congratulate them before going home.
After school Friday I left with my basketball team for basketball regionals. The bus ride didn't feel long because of how great they were and during the weekend it felt like I had known them all forever although it hasn't even been two months yet. We finished the tournament in third, which was a great accomplishment seeing as we didn't even win a game at our last tournament, and I get another medal to bring home!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire