mercredi 9 avril 2014

Mont Bechervaise

I finally went snowboarding! I don't know how I have lived five minutes away from Mont Bechervaise and haven't gone until this past weekend. It's a small hill with only a few runs, but it was still lots of fun. It was a beautiful day at the hill and I had a fantastic time. I was really worried that Gab, my friend who came skiing with me, would be way better than me because he skis almost every weekend, but although he was much more stable in bush runs, I was faster and could do jumps better making us about the same. I am glad I had Asessippi to prepare me. I also thought that I would have a difficult time understanding what he said, but I had no problem hearing him. The day went by way too quickly, and I am really glad I went, the hill is closing next weekend and this was my last opportunity to go.
The weather is beautiful here. There is still lots of snow and it is warming up so some of that snow is melting and turning into tiny streams that flow to the bottom of the mountain. I decided to go running yesterday morning before school. I set my alarm for 5:45 and ran around Gaspé for twenty minutes. I don't think I went very far, but it felt good to be running as the sun rose over the mountains. First, I ran up the mountain until I hit a dead-end, then I started back down. I ran to the bottom, to the bay, before starting the last leg: straight up to my house. I don't know whether I am glad we don't have hills like the ones here back home because it is painful climbing them, but it is also a nice change and it feels great when you get to the top.
It has started. I didn't think that it would start happening so soon, but today I saw my basketball coach for the last time before I am leaving. He is going away for three weeks so I won't get to say goodbye closer to my departure. I hope the two and a half weeks I have left don't go by quickly, I really don't want to say any more goodbyes anytime soon.

2 commentaires:

  1. since when do you have a blog!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    orpin says hi to

    RépondreEffacer
  2. Hey, Mitchell and Orpin! As you can probably tell it has been a thing for awhile

    RépondreEffacer