samedi 26 avril 2014

Goodbye Gaspé

Yesterday was my last day in Gaspé. It's weird thinking that on Monday I will be back in school at home. I built a wonderful life in Gaspé that I will miss very much. The beautiful mountains, the colorful buildings, Charlotte's family, the French and of course all my friends are only a few things I am going to miss from Gaspé. I have made so many memories and I will always remember my wonderful sojourn.
I am really thankful for all the people who befriended me and who were so very patient with me. Everyone in Gaspé was extraordinarily friendly and I met many people who I will never forget. After many prolonged goodbyes I bid farewell to most of my friends, but it saddens me to think of those who I never had the opportunity to say "au revoir" to. Although it is not too upsetting that I missed a few adieux because goodbyes are much too sad and I really I don't mind my last memory that some of my friends have with me being happy instead of a tearful goodbye.
I am really glad to be able to say that in my three months in Gaspé there is nothing I regret not doing. I played volleyball, football and basketball, I joined cadets, joined the chess club, trained to run from Québec to Montréal for the Défi Pierre-Lavoie, made many great friends, saw Gaspésie and lived by one of my many mottos: "you're allowed to do it until they tell you otherwise" (which only got me in trouble once). There were so many new things to do in Gaspé that I would have never been able to do if I had stayed at home. I am extremely happy that I went on the exchange and I am ecstatic that I did everything I did do while there.
This experience was absolutely wonderful and I am really glad that I took the opportunity to go on the exchange, it was fantastic. I really loved all the new opportunities that i had from going to Gaspé and it was a great being on the mountainous coast instead of the prairies. I will definitely miss lots about Gaspé and I would really like to come back and visit someday; see the beautiful town in the Summer and see my friends again. I am not exactly excited about leaving, but in the words of Dr. Seuss, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Thank you to all who have been reading my blog, I really hope you enjoyed it. Adieu!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire